What information does Shore Excursions Center collect?
- When you register/create an account with Shore Excursions Center we ask for your name, contact information (email and phone number).
- When you place a reservation for a tour/activity we collect additional personal information required to process the reservation and to provide all tour services as ordered. This includes, but is not limited to, passport details (Full name, passport number, date of birth, citizenship) for each tour participant, dietary restrictions, mobility restrictions, cruise itinerary details or flight information.
- When you enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature, we collect your name and email address.
- Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
- Additionally, we collect anonymous technical data, such as the name of your internet service provider, internet browser and operating system, screen resolution and information about the websites that directed you to us, the number and date of your visits, your average time on our site and which of our websites you visited. This data is stored automatically. The evaluation is done anonymously and exclusively for statistical purposes with the goal of continuing to improve our web presence for you.
- We do not knowingly solicit data online from or market online to children under the age of 13, nor do we disclose information about children.
Why do we collect personal information?
The main goal of collecting any personal information from our clients is to provide outstanding travel experiences and to ensure that all segments of the tour are arranged correctly, including, but not limited to, Visa-Free paperwork, transportation arrangements, meals and special assistance for disabled passengers.
How else do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
To send you trip relevant options, notifications and offers. You may out-out of this feature after you receive our first message.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All personal information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we use "cookies" and what are they?
What other Shore Excursions Center website features use “cookies”?
We also use Jivochat Service as a means of communicating with clients in real time on the website. In order to make this experience smooth, Jivochat Service will automatically collect your IP address.
An IP address is a number assigned to your computer or internet-enabled device whenever you access the internet. It allows computers and servers to recognize and communicate with one another. IP addresses from which visitors appear to originate may be recorded for IT security and system diagnostic purposes. This information may also be used in aggregate form to maintain and improve the JivoChat Service and to generate and analyze statistics about the JivoChat Service.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information, unless you have previously given your permission or unless the transmission is required or permissible by law. We will in particular not sell or otherwise market your data to third parties. Transfers of data to government institutions and authorities is done only within the scope of mandatory national legal requirements. Our employees and partners are obligated by us to maintain secrecy and to comply with legal data protection regulations.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for.
We are also under certain legal obligations, such as accounting & tax reporting to the government, and we are obliged to retain data for up to seven years from the date of transaction.
In some circumstances when there is no appropriate reason for us to continue processing your personal information, you can ask us to erase your data.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.